01 December 2009

On knowing my velocity

If you didn't get it, the title is a reference to the Dave Eggers book, You Shall Know Our Velocity!

December is here, mini-block has started, and my few blissful days at home have slipped away so quickly. Meanwhile, we are trudging on with Genetics and Pharmacology, and while class technically ends at 12 every day, I have been home at 4 both Monday and today. Four hours of lecture have never gone by so slowly.

But it's only three weeks. In three weeks, I will be flying in a plane at the speed of...goodness knows what, all the way to Taipei where I will spend two blissful weeks before coming back and starting all over again.

My velocity? Something between a snail's pace and the speed of a jet plane. Instead of studying today, I decided that today was chilly enough to get a cup of hot tea, curl up in bed, and read a good book. And then, go work out for an hour and half, something that I haven't done since I got here. Variable velocity, then.

No comments: