26 May 2009

On Surfing, Teresa, and (Wicked) Melbourne!

So let's see...in chronological order.


Surf Camp! Sina and I went to Surf Camp about two weeks ago, and it was pretty awesome. It was so cold in Sydney that we were quite apprehensive, but the Seven-Mile-Beach in Gerroa was surprisingly warm (only in the water, of course, it was freezing outside). I actually managed to stand up on my board, but what I really excelled at was falling off it. Yep, I can (kind of) surf now! So here, Sina and I are celebrating our completion of Surf Camp.

Ivy, Ivy, Jente/Marco/Wim's place for fun and games
Then, Teresa came! We did some fun stuff together, like go to Ivy, Bondi, play fun games at Jente/Marco/Wim's place. And she went on her own to pet some koalas, kangaroos, emus, and see the Blue Mountains and what not.

Bondi Beach, Featherdale Wildlife Park
Then we went to the super awesome Bridge Climb with Sina, Jente, and Mickis! Atop the bridge here, needless to say the wind is making an absolute fool of me.
There was also the trip to Olympic Park. While interesting, we weren't too impressed. It was cool to see it and stuff, but their tourism thing really has fallen apart; we could barely find the visitor's centre, and there wasn't too much going on there. Either way, we walked around on the track, saw ANZ stadium, and I leaped into a long jump pit!
Sydney 2000, ANZ stadium, Jumping into a (covered) long jump pit at the athletic centre

Acland Street, Jente, and Federation Square
And then, we went to Melbourne this weekend! I really liked it...it had an eccentric San Francisco-meet-Europe kind of vibe. A little less corporate city feeling than Sydney. We had a very relaxing weekend, shopping along Acland street in St. Kilda, taking funny pictures, walking through the city, Federation Suare, along with bridges!

On either side of the bridge on St. Kilda Road

Then, we went to Mickis's friend's place for a night out. Emelie's apartment was super awesome! Needless to say, this made for lots of interesting pictures, before we went out to Boutique, which was very nice.
Jente and I are taking silly pictures, Emelie and Mickis at Boutique


Glinda, Elphaba, and Fiero
This is the morning after...and then we scored tickets to Wicked! Super awesome seats, we were sitting in like the 4th row or something! Incredible...Glinda, Elphaba, and Fiero! And my favourite song: Defying Gravity! Aaaah, it was so great. :-)
Sina and I the morning after, Finale of Act I: Defying Gravity! <3,>


This is Luna Park. There's one in Sydney, too, but I haven't been. I just really wanted to take a picture with the mouth. Look at our facial expressions :). Fun stuff. And lastly, the beach at St. Kilda. It wasn't too warm, and it didn't look particularly appetising, but there we go.

Jumping in the mouth of Luna Park, St. Kilda beach

I've just booked my trip to New Zealand today, so I'll be going to ski and visit some LOTR (hehe) scenery in a few weeks. Sorry there isn't much writing, but pictures are much more interesting, anyway!

No comments: