15 June 2009

On Vivid, Birthdays, and Walks

I have just spent my final weekend in Sydney, and the countdown begins! One weekend in New Zealand, and then two travelling up the East Coast, one more day in Sydney, and then I'll be home. It's really rather scary to think how much time has already passed, and how little time I have left.

This picture is of a Toblerone bar I saw at Target. I have never seen one of these Toblerone & on & on & on & on...'s at home, so I had to take a picture. Imagine eating one of those...yum...

As for this last weekend, due to the bulk of my camera, when going out in these situations, I very rarely bring my camera, so I will get those pictures from my wonderful friends and put up a post about it later.

Therefore, here is the first week of June. We went to see Vivid (or rather, viv[d], as they promote it), which is a huge light show they put up on the Opera House and other locations throughout the Rocks around Circular Quay. A nice walk around Circular Quay took us from the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Side) to the Opera House. My camera isn't the best, and I don't have the steadiest of hands for long exposure times, so forgive the blur.

There are lots of pictures of Viv[d] online, so if you would like to see more (better) pictures, look them up on Google! Still, I have mixed feelings about this whole light-show-on-the-opera-house business. It looks really cool, but it seems to take away from the pristine-ness of the white Opera House. That being said, the Opera House isn't really that white anyways, so I guess it's just an image I have in my head. I suppose a valid comparison would be the light show on the Eiffel Tower; I understand people have mixed feelings on that, too. It just makes it look a little...cheap, I guess. Whatever, you don't care what I think about Vivid anyway.
Then, it was Marco's birthday! We had a great night at the Bank Hotel in Newtown, where Mr. Fancy-pants Marco had a VIP section :) There was this delicious strawberry and pear caipiroska that was just like candy. Yum yum.

Sina pre-partying, in my shirt; The birthday boy and I, Mickis on the phone with Oscar outside (aww!)

Then, over the next few days, Mickis and I took a couple of morning walks. The first day we walked to the Harbour Bridge and over it, then back, and the second day we went to Sydney Park. I don't have pictures from the second day, but here are some pictures from the Harbour Bridge. See how we are walking across it, so the angle of the Opera House changes? :)


Like how Mickis is wearing her scarf around her waist? It's going to be a new fashion trend. On the other hand, the bridge is eating my head.

And then, the Swedish Meatballs! Köttbullar is the proper term, I believe, but is pronounced something like "schottbulla". Mickis made them for us and her whole house. Delicious :) I actually don't remember what IKEA's taste like, but these were super tasty, and we ate them with some kind of gravy, jam, and potatoes.



So, the last week and this week have been spent: watching a play at the Opera House, saying goodbye to Ivy, our favourite Friday night place, hanging out with friends, and studying for my single final. I actually do have to study because I went to a grand total of 4 of those lectures. Thanks, archaeology. I am leaving for New Zealand tomorrow, for a few days of skiing and other assorted fun, so I will post when I get back!

No comments: