20 March 2009

On procrastination

I am currently sitting in the library, trying to write the papers for my classes that will be due in a week. As to what I've actually done:
  • Figure out how to set up the Cisco VPN Client so that I can access wireless on campus
  • Watched two weddings (or at least the arrival parties of two weddings) that are being held in the Great Hall this beautiful Saturday afternoon
  • Read about 20 pages of Aristotle and come up with one not-too-bright question submission for my philosophy class
  • Eaten half a bag of Haribo gummies and some Sweet Chili & Sour Cream Doritos
  • Wondered why some people I know are going to a petting zoo today to see koalas, and I am here in the library instead (I've been thinking about this one extensively, and it all boils down to one simple explanation: life is unfair)
  • Stared at the three notebooks, two readers, and one textbook that I managed to stick in my backpack and hauled into the library along with my laptop (how many of those have I actually used?)
  • Written this blog post, and because it is cold in the libary, slipped my Cal sweats and sweater over my nice summer-outside-weather clothes (so now I look like I just rolled out of bed-in winter California)

Clearly, I am a very productive and studious student.

No comments: