14 October 2009

On being a horrible child

My parents are having the house remodelled. Or whatever it is they are doing to the house. My one concern is whether or not it will be done in time for Thanksgiving. Not because I'm worried about where I am to stay for those few days. Not because I'm worried about the weather and the possible myriad of problems of remodelling a house in bad weather. Not because of the financial problems that could possibly arise.

No. My worry is that my mother will not have full command over a kitchen. Because I need good food when I go home. What's more, I'm hoping that she will have had time to make me an enormous amount of food to bring back to San Diego. Yes, my concern is over whether or not I will be fed, and whether or not I will be able to bring enough food back to feed me for another few weeks.

I am a horrible child.

No comments: